Sunday, November 7, 2010

My family and Me

So I am going to give you a run down on my family.  My mom and dad are Margo and Doug met in the army. My dad however was sent home early due to his feet. They were married and have 5 children. Tiffanie, Rachelle, Me(Jennifer), Christopher and Brandon. Its funny how things work out. There are 3 years between each child besides Chris and Brandon. So Tiffanie and Brandon are 11 years and 5 minutes apart... Yep they share the same birthday. We call them the "Bookends" of the family. 
Tiffanie has a son Tyler Scott. He is 14 months old and is such a joy to have around. Rachelle is currently dating Ryan . Chris who served his mission in Honduras has been home for almost 3 years now. He was going to be the kicker for the UofU but due to heart problems he was not allowed to play. So he is just working right now and going to school part time. Brandon is currently on his mission in Canada right now and tomorrow Nov 7th he will only have 11 months left before he comes back home. It's crazy that already a year has past. Right now we are all living together at our parents house. 

Me:
I grew up in Utah and lived in Arizona for almost 3 years with my sisters. I miss it there, though I am glad to be around family and friends again. My best friends are, Tiffanie, Rachelle, Alaina, Rie and Sara. I love being an Aunt and am looking forward to when I get to be a mom. I love to take pictures, and now starting to play around more with Photoshop. Other things I enjoy doing:
Shopping, watching Anime, movies and plays. Laughing, going to the park and playing on the swings. collecting poems, quotes and short stories. I do write my own poems(which I will probably post some on here), scrap booking, watching video games and playing. I like to play  board and card games,one of my favorites is SkipBo. I like to go camping, though I'm sure my version of camping is different than others. I grew up going to Lake Powell, Green River, Camper World. I still like to color in coloring books. I collect Journals. I'm sure I have at least 20 blank journals that I haven't used. Also being in storage though doesn't help in them being used up. I have never really liked to read. My first book(s) that I have finished was The Twilight Series. Yes I do like them but that got my feet wet to read more. I have finished the Hunger Games series and the Mortal Instruments series. I am currently reading Believing Christ.  The current craft project I am working on is making my own secret compartment book. And may I just add that its not an easy task. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided that I wanted to do that. :)    

On a side note, I am sure I will use a nick name on future posts of family and friends so listed below is a key. I will try to keep to just one but no promises. 

Mom= M
Dad= D
Tiffanie=T or Tiff
Rachelle= R or Shell
Christopher= C or Chris
Brandon= B
Alaina = A, Al, or Lain
Tyler= Ty

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post my dear friend!! I learned some new things about you and your family :)...well moreso about your family because I think I know you pretty well! I'm a lucky girl to have you as a bestie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Chris had a heart problem. That is so great that both of your brothers went on missions and that is amazing that Tiffanie and Brandon were born on the same day. I am sure that happens in big families all the time, but I bet it doesn't happen so often with the oldest and youngest child born on the same day. That's crazy cool. I miss your family. I haven't seen you or them in a very long time. Maybe we could get together some time.

    ReplyDelete